In this tutorial we will show step by step How to install obb file in android phone. When you download the game from websites other than android playstore or google playstore you get the two files of the game. One is apk file which install in android phone and other is obb / data file which you have to copy in android folder of phone storage. We have also shared NFS most wanted apk v1.3.71 and obb files. In this tutorial we will show you how you can install games using obb / data file. And which file should you install first on android phone apk or obb ?. You can clear all your doubts about installing obb and apk files by this tutorial. We will also clear that where you have to paste obb files. In some case you have to paste it on internal storage of android and in some case you can also paste it on sd card or external storage. So just read the full article. If you are a newbie then you should also have a knowledge that what is obb file and what process it performs.
What is OBB Files and why it requires for android games
OBB Stands for Opaque Binary Blob and it is a special terms used in computer science. It is also known as data file because it contains sizable piece of data. Obb is mostly used by android developers when they develop a games with high graphics and large in size. They divide game into two data files. One is known as apk ( android application package ) and other is obb. Every one knows about the apk file therefore we are sharing its small description. Apk file contains the only installation package and license information and data or obb file contains other full part of game like graphics and visual and all files. Every big game like Need for speed most wanted for android which has size about 1.5 GB contains obb file. Which helps to install the full game in android phone. If you downloaded the game from google playstore it also automatically installs the obb file. So the apk and obb both files are very necessary for android device.
Games available on AndroidSwift with obb files
The amazing spider man 2 apk and data.
How to install obb file in android phone
Read the step by step tutorial to install apk file along with obb file in android phones. This method will help you to install big android games in your android phones easily.
- First you have to download the apk and obb file of your game which you want to install in your android phone.
- Remember that you have to paste data file first on android folder and then install apk file to run game without error ” Could not download data”.
- Extract the obb file if downloaded on zip file or rar file and copy the folder in which obb file is present. Remember you have to copy the whole folder not file only. Folder looks like shown in bellow image.
- After copy you have to paste the folder in your android phones internal storage in this path Internal storage / Android / Obb. If obb folder in the given path does not exist then create it manually.
- After pasting the obb folder on the given path, Install the apk file and wait for install.
- Open the game and enjoy it after installation and it will not ask you for downloading the data file.
- Some game requires internet connection to run first time or some game are works online. So you need internet to play that kind of game. You just have to focus that it is not asking to download the data file of size in GBs.
How to install obb file in external storage and when ?
There are millions of variety on android operating system phones available. Some mobile phones supports feature to change the default application installation directory and some phones does not have this feature. In the phone which supports feature to change app installation directory to external storage or sd card. You can install obb files in that kind of phones. Process of installing obb in external storage is same as explained in above steps. Just you need to change the path of pasting obb file and paste it in this path external storage / Android / Obb. Many times it happens that obb folder does not exist by default in android phone. So you have to create folder manually and paste the files in that folder.
Thats all you have to do to install big games in your android phone. You can also watch video tutorial on how to install obb file in android phone. By which you can understand properly.
Video tutorial on how to install obb file in android phone